A SOLUTION AGAINST THE POLLUTION OF THE TEXTILE INDUSTRY
The textile industry is one of the most polluting industries in the world with nearly 5% of the total volume of waste.
Moreover, 20% of all freshwater pollution comes from the textile processing and dyeing stages; with the following pollution factors :
- Waste: clothing and textiles generate tons of waste that ends up in landfills around the world. The decomposition of clothes is long with textiles that cause chemical pollution (eg: polyester)
- Water and air pollution: the dyes used in the manufacture of textiles are mixed with water and chemicals that are then thrown away. The combustion of all the products inside the factories also pollutes the air with chemicals
- Use of resources: Europeans throw away an average of 21 kg of clothes per year while renewing their wardrobe. One of the main reasons for this is the deterioration of fiber texture and stains on clothing
TEXTILE INDUSTRY NUMBERS
Percentage of industrial water pollution that comes from textile dyeing
Number of toxic chemicals used for dyeing
Quantity of water to produce 1 cotton t-shirt (in liters)
How many clothes are thrown away on average per inhabitant (in kg)
The innovative and ecological HYDROP products are the ideal solution to extend the life cycle of textiles and fabrics.
They naturally eliminate stains and effectively protect surfaces for a responsible consumption.
With Hydrop you will considerably reduce your water and detergent consumption by reducing the number of washing and ironing cycles
TEXTILE INDUSTRY POLLUTION FACTS
The estimated percentage of used clothing that can be recycled
The percentage of global water used for growing cotton
Synthetic chimicals that are used to turn raw materials into textiles
The percentage of global landfills that are filled with clothing and textiles
HYDROP : ECOLOGICAL PRODUCTS FOR TEXTILE CARE AND PROTECTION
- The environmental pollution produced by the textile industry: HYDROP products contribute to increase the longevity of clothes and shoes
- The unavoidable damages on clothes and shoes due to daily hazards (rain, dirt or accidental spills)
All Hydrop products are ecological, non-toxic, non-allergenic, non-flammable, biocompatible and biodegradable to preserve your health, your safety and the environment.